Monday, September 2, 2013

I Chose You Elder From the MTC

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To get them from the MTC is my very test, to train them is my cause! We will travel across these hills, riding bikes side by side. Speaking Spanish like the natives, and showing power from inside!!!

Well, for those of you who aren't familiar with Pokemon that was the theme song with lyrics I made up just now. What is the message they hold?? Well, I'm going to be a trainer, of course! No, not a Pokemon trainer, a missionary trainer! I am going to receive a new missionary into my hands, my care, and I shall nurture him into the powerful servant of the Lord he was made to be! Yes..that was cheesy. But basically I am pretty excited to get my new companion this Wednesday and set off on our Spanish branch journey. :) I can only pray to be partly as good a trainer as my trainer, Elder Clark, was to me. Very loving, encouraging, and quite the humorous one.

Other than that, nothing too incredible has happened this past week. On Saturday I  was able to cook a chicken pot pie from scratch as well as bake a pumpkin bread and apple dumplings. Super good!! I am also learning how to bake bread from scratch. So hopefully I will be able to keep a few skills for my life after the mission. But who is thinking about that yet. :P Not me! Well, at least not too much. :)

Yesterday we were able to leave the Savior's peace and blessings in two different homes. The peaceful feeling of the Spirit was definitely felt in those rooms at that time and we were able to point that out to the families and invite them to remember it until the next time we visit. It was a great start to the week. 

I will be sure to let you all know how it goes with the first few days of training. Stay safe and have a fun school week! Remember to read your scriptures!!


-Elder Vance






Me with the final Chicken pot pie product! And lookin dumb with my turned around tag :P I did it all from scratch too! Sure, I had a recipe but I am still awesome. 

I also made pumpkin bread and apple dumplings soaked in mountain dew. So good! And I am learning how to make bread from scratch. We do this at sister Packer's house every saturday. She teaches us how to cook different things. She's cool :)

I eat well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment