Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to the Biking Basics

Letter written Aug 11th-

So is it raining where you are? Because we are getting soaked over here! Lots of thunderstorms lately. Very fun. Unless you're on a bike.

So this week I was able to reminisce in the old days of being in a bike area. My companion is the district leader and there was a big, two-day meeting for all of the mission leaders this past weekend. So for those two days I was placed with two other missionaries in a bike area just a bit to the north of my area. The elder in that area was brand new and myself and the third missionary with us didn't know the area at all so we had a fun time together trying to figure things out. Got stuck tracting in the rain, found a huge snake, ate fried chicken, fed some fish under this on bridge, and much more! Though not necessarily in that order..

Over all it was great! I got to know two missionaries I otherwise wouldn't have, seeing that I am a Spanish missionary and they were English, and got to get some good exercise on a bike again. 

I'm not excited for it to get cold this fall but I think we have some time to wait before than. :) Might be a little humid right now, but I enjoy it. Lots of people outside walking and jogging who we can talk to. Well, not the jogging people. They are too fast for us :(

Con mucho amor,
Elder Vance

p.s. My mission can no longer forward mail from the mission office to my address, so any mail needs to go directly to me. The address is:

105 Treecorners Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092

Not that you have to feel obligated to send me stuff. Just letting you know in case ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment