Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"This isn't even hot!..*cough *cough..uh oh"

Looks like I'm staying right here in Norcross, GA. Good place, really. I love my companion and the branch is way sweet. Plus we have baptisms that are looking to be happening in the upcoming weeks. The only downside of staying here is that because I'm leaving in January there is a chance that I'll get sent somewhere for only a month right before I leave. Or I'll just stay here the rest of my time. No biggie really.

This week was nice, as usual. It's getting colder which means we are wearing more sweaters! Yay! But to keep things ever warmer the members are still giving us spicy foods. Speaking of which, I was challenged to eat a whole Jalapeno that was just picked from a member's garden. I accepted, mostly wanting to get a video of it.

At first it really wasn't bad. I thought, 'Hey, this isn't even spicy!' Then it hit me. Red face. Red eyes. Burning mouth and throat. Really I couldn't believe how hot it was! Yeeah, yeah, there are those of you who can down those without problem, but I'm a gringo here! I was dying. I drank like a galon of juice and milk and bananas and stuff... Ya. Fun fun! Well, at least it was fun for everyone who was watching. Brother Castro, the member who gave it to me, was busting up laughing. Seriously, I don't know why he found my pain so enjoyable. But now I have a good memory that I will never forget. And a sense to not to do it again. At least any time soon. ;P

Hasta la proxima,

-Elder Vance :D









No comments:

Post a Comment