Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 3


So here is yet again another email from that one redheaded elder you may or may not actually personally know but still seems to want to share his mission experience with you. :) I realize by now that it can get somewhat repetitive if I keep making my MTC emails basically the same, 'Yup, its my 3rd week and I had good times and felt the Spirit. Bye' True, but I won't do that to you. I'll try and change it up a bit.:)
So this past week one of the Elders in my district got a concussion. Fun way to start out an email, right? Well The story goes (I wasn't there but I've heard it enough times to know it pretty well) that this Elder, Elder A., was on his way along with his companion and other Elders to the Gym for morning Gym time. He's a basketball player. So were the other Elders. As such, he was getting them pumped up for there game which was soon to occur. While walking to the gym he turned and began walking backwards and started pretending he was guarding another Elder in a game of basketball. He got low, arms wide, ducking side to side. One big duck and turn later. WHACK! There happened to be a metal pole right in the way of his head. Down he went and Up his companions and friends went (in intense laughter). So yes, the Lord protects his missionaries...Just as long as they aren't being, how do I put this lightly, stupid. He was only bed ridden for about two days but he's fine now.
On a more spiritual level we were able to watch 'The Testaments' this past Sunday. If you haven't seen it before it's an account of certain people in the Americas around the time before and during the visit of the resurrected Christ to the Nephites. I thought the 'Joseph Smith' movie got me emotional! I really love 'The Testaments'! The spirit is very strong whenever I watch it. I get pretty teary eyed. Not that everyone is supposed to get emotional when they feel the Spirit but I seriously can't help it. But I'll take that as a blessing from Heavenly Father:) (I also get emotional when I watch The Prince of Egypt....Man, i'm going to watch the stuffing out of that movie when I get back......anywayyyyyyy..)
Hope all of you are doing great in whatever phase of life you are in! I'm continuing to progress and get better as a missionary in general and with the Spanish language. I am going to try and immerse myself more into it by speaking more as to be more prepared for the field! :D
Hablare con ustedes ...umm....later!
-Elder Vance



No comments:

Post a Comment