Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 4 - Two Weeks to Go


Two more weeks in the MTC to go for me! My district is now the oldest one in our Zone. we are now the top dogs. The big cheeses. The BESC (Big elders and sisters on campus)! Or at least we think we are. 

Things are the same here at the MTC as they have been for the past 4 weeks. It is warmer though. And the snow is melting away, but you can never really trust these Utah skies. one moment they are all, 'Hey, I'm sorry for dumping like 3 feet of snow on you as you walk from class to class. Here, I'll be sunny now.' and then 'On second thought, nahh, I feel like being a jerk. Here is some more snow and ice. Enjoy!' But it seems like the good weather is sticking this time. At least for the first 6 months or so in Georgia I won't have to deal with the cold. Just the hot, sticky, wet air that makes it feel like your in a steam room all day. Obviously the better weather:)

One change is that I am now the District Leader for my district. Pretty neat, huh? Being a successful missionary has nothing to do with position but I'm glad to accept the position and it's few responsibility:) The most important being getting the mail. Missionaries can get pretty vicious when they don't get their mail on time.  O.O But I think I can manage.

Great devotionals this past week, as usual. Last Tuesday Elder M. Russell Ballard came and spoke to us! Very exciting! We always speculate which general authority it will be on the Tuesday devotionals so when we heard it might be him we were skeptical but when the MTC President and everyone else on the stage stood up as we were singing we knew someone important had jsut walked in. He spoke about Preach My Gospel and what it really was. He stated that it was just a tool to allow us to speak the information and knowledge that we already had from our many years in Church in a simple, clear manner. Great speaker! Great Spirit! :) 

Nothing more that I can think of needs to be said now other than keep up the good work being you and I'll keep up the good work being a missionary! :)

Hasta luego!

-Elder Vance


No comments:

Post a Comment