Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Showing off My Skills


Hello everyone! :)

One thing I have noticed and really like about Georgia is the awesome weather. Not the heat and humidity, but the thunderstorms! The clouds always move so fast and the rain is always very bi-polar in the way that it will be pouring so hard at one moment and sprinkling the next moment. And when I say pouring hard I mean pouring hard. To the point where our view is severely limited while driving our car with its brights on. But the lighting action is pretty sweet!

On the missionary work side of things ( which is almost all sides of everything I do...seeing that I am a full time missionary and all..) we were able to teach and commit to baptism a man who was referred to us by a member! Yay for baptism, our first covenant with the Lord! We later learned that he was most likely intoxicated when we taught him. It would kind of explain the slightly strange behavior. Especially the fact that he was drinking straight white-vinegar from a bottle. At least we hope it was only vinegar. Oh you Hispanic-Georgians, you never disappoint! :)

I have noticed myself become more bold as a missionary. I often quote to my companion, 
'The wicked flee when no one pursueth; but the righteous are as bold as a loin.' -Psalms something.. 

Well, while contacting a man we met while tracting, we were able to find out that the didn't belong to any church but believed in the God head and the Bible. We give him our information and started walking away when I really felt like I should ask him a question. 

'Hey, so you believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost as well as read the Bible and believe it to be the word of God?' (Take in mind this is in Spanish too. I'm a boss at Spanish) He said that he did.

'So have you been baptized?' Boom. Throwing down the heavy questions. He said that he hadn't but knew that it was important. 

'Well do you have the desire to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?' Going for the Gold! Ya, he said that he would want that. So we set up a time to come back and teach him and hopefully move further. Even if he isn't interested in the end I enjoy the opportunity to be bold as a missionary!

I also got the show off my super cool skills as a professional handstand-er. I totally had a show down with an eight year old girl. She was pretty good but in the end everyone seemed pretty impressed with my hand-walking abilities.

All in all, things are good. May things be good in your lives as well!
!Que tenga un beun dia!

-Elder Vance
A sunburned face. Though with him it's hard to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment