Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It takes courage! and Captain Crunch!

Well, my first week in the mission field has gone by! Wow what a crazy week. So many changes, but you know what, I'm ready for these next two years! I just hope I can ever get this Spanish down. :/ 

.......

I kid, I kid! That is probably something I might have said a little over a year ago. My time flies, huh? It feels like I was a greenie just last week. Eh, not really, it still feels like it has been a long time. But in hindsight things always seem so close. It makes me wonder how God feels having Eternity always before him, seeing the beginning from the end.. *mind blown* Anyway! This new area that I'm in reminds me in a lot of ways of my first area. Or as we like to refer to it here, my 'baby area'. :) Lots of green. Lots of houses. Lots of awesome people!

I had the great opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. I spoke on 'el valor' or as most people who speak English like to say it, courage. I used lines from President Monson's talk given in the Priesthood session of General Conference. I don't need to preach it to you but I do invite you all to check it out again or for the first time! :) During my talk I was able to get some laughs, look people in the eyes and call them to repentance (not really :P ) and ,of course, turn really red. I just..I can't control that part of me. Whether I'm nervous or not I just beam brightly when in front of people. But it is a change for the Spanish branches because they never have redheads. So they like it!

The pollen right now is very thick and everything is yellow. We are surviving though, even if only slightly surviving. It is actually pouring rain right now so for a while it will all be washed away. Sweet! the weather is a lot warmer, which I love, so things are generally going smoothly. But there are still mountains left to climb.

Hasta luego,
El Elder Vance


p.s. For all you who are preparing to serve missions I highly suggest figuring out what type of cereal you like now. It is a big aisle in the store and your time will be cut well if you can be decisive. This is very serious advice, almost as serious as preparing yourself mentally and spiritually. (eh, not quite..) I recently finished a bag of a captain crunch type cereal with marshmallows in it. The bomb! Though I think I'll stay away from that for a while. Something about too much sugar being bad or something like that.. Well, off to eat my lightly-sweetened multi-grain cheerios!

Just Hanging around doing a service project!


No comments:

Post a Comment