Monday, January 12, 2015

Mi penultimo correo electronico

Thank you, Mother, for reminding me of the word 'penultimate'. It means 'second to last'. It's funny because I learned that word in Spanish before English. Well, I guess that's not that funny. But this is, indeed, my second to last email from Georgia. 

We were happy to see our good friend Christian Gutierrez finally get confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love that guy. I'm going to miss him when I'm gone. I'm gonna miss him by his hair...I'm going to miss him everywhere.. Okay, enough trying to quote songs I don't really even know. But I really am going to miss this place; These people; Their smiling faces; Well, they aren't always smiling. Sometimes they are looking at us with tired, squinty eyes wondering why we are at their door waking them up. And at the same time we are wondering why they are still asleep at one in the afternoon. 

No super crazy plans for the rest of my mission other than work. As a popular song for missionaries out here says, 'It's gonna take work! Breaking down the walls between us. Work! Puttin' all the armor on!..something... something...something..' Well, you get the point. :) I really can't express how the mission has affected me. I probably won't see the full implications until much later in my life. But one thing is for sure, I am glad that I chose to serve. Really, you can't get the results from such an experience from anything else. Spiritually, emotionally, physically (unless of course you just gain a lot of weight on your mission. You can get that from a few other experiences. For those of you who are wondering, no I haven't gained really anything out here).

I can't really think of much else to say. I love you all more than I know. Wait, what? Yes. *clears throat* ..anyway.


-Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment