Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hello, beloved!

Beunos dias!

I haven't much time at all to write this email but I just want you all to know I love you and am doing great. I really am seeing improvement in the way I work and the way my companion and I work together. I am still the district leader here in Athens and am trying to help out my fellow missionaries in their areas. I think it is fun :)

This weekend we will get to hear from Elder Cook from the Quorum of the Twelve. Exciting! I love each opportunity we get to listen to a general authority of the church speak to us. I'll let you know whether he brings good tidings of great joy or sends fire and brimstone raining down upon us. :) Only the Lord knows.

Spanish is great, the food is greater. The branch is chugging along as we try and find all those lost sheep out there. I am always grateful for your prayers on our behalf!!

con mucho amor,
Elder Vance


p.s. Oh ya, I highly suggest watching the newer Mormon message about bullying! It's super great :) I may have shed some tears whilst watching it. ;')

Elder Vance's imagining what the missionaries, the son's of Mosiah, email home might sound like;

Well...13 more years to go. I wonder how their emails home were. 'Hey mom. Doing well here with the Lamanites. I'm just working as a servant for the King so far, watching sheep, cleaning horses and stuff. Almost got married too! (I'm tellin you, just because I am a missionary all these girls want me!) Oh ya, I chopped off a few arms yesterday and I might have killed a few guys with my sling. Hey, it was p-day and they wanted to fight. We'll see how this one turns out. Talk to you later! -Amon"

No comments:

Post a Comment