Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mourning With Those That Mourn

Letter from June 23, 2014


Buenos dias mis compadres. It feels like it's been like over 600,000 seconds since I've talked with you all! (I know you want to do the math to see if that's accurate..) 

Transfers has once again sneaked up on us. I actually didn't realize it until yesterday. I wasn't too worried because I've only been in this area for three months and in all my other areas I was there for four and a half months. BUT turns out I am leaving. I am going to the PeachTree Corners branch with a Hawaiian companion named Elder Auelua. He is actually from Laie on the island of Oahu right next to where the Temple is. My grandparents are actually spending time there right now and I believe they are in same ward that he is from. Small world, huh? 

So I am not happy to leave because I love so many of the people here!! I love them all, actually! And we are going to be having a baptism in about two weeks! 'Never mind, all is well - I am well enough off.' (Joseph Smith quote for the win) My efforts don't go wasted just because I can't see some of the major fruits. I am content with going where He wants me to. :D

We are sad here in Lilburn thought because of the passing of a recently baptized member of the English ward. He passed last night the day that he received the Aaronic Priesthood. He went to bed on the couch and never woke up. My companion and I grew somewhat close to him too because he is from Puerto Rica, thus he speaks Spanish. He was a bomb missionary and was not afraid to talk about the Church with anyone. He had a wife and three kids too who were all baptized six months ago. It is a shock to us all here but we all have the image of him dressed up in a suit at church for the first time, ready to receive the Priesthood. Looks like God needed another great missionary on the other side of the veil. God bless, my friend.

In times of change we all should take an inventory of where our testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is and what we are doing to nurture or ignore it. "For as is Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:22


-Elder Vance


Ward Father's Day activity- they love their pinatas!

 Super Hero!

Elderly lady playing musical chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment