Monday, September 8, 2014

Yes, my birthday just past. Yes... I know I don't look 21.

Estos son las mananitas!!

Sorry, that's just part of a Spanish song that is sung at birthdays. I heard a bit of it last week as people congratulated me on surviving this long and wished me many more years of life :) It's funny what people say when we ask them how old we look. We get all kids of answers. Some think I am way older than I am but I think most agree I look a tad younger than twenty one. I'm just going by faith that that's how old I actually am.

Thank you to all of those who sent me cards. Your words and prayers mean more than anything to me! And thank you mucho, Mom, for the huge box of food. I now have enough cereal to last til doomsday. Or at least until transfers. Whichever comes first.

The work has gone on here as usual. In our mission there is a push to increase the amount we work with the members as opposed to simply knocking on doors. We will be getting trained more about that this week, but, hey, if it means less doors to knock than I'm down! Of course I don't mind tracting :) Switching things up a bit wouldn't be a problem, though. We have no super big changes in our investigator pool so far but we meet a lot of great people everyday. We're looking for 'the one'!

We had a nice, normal Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday in church. Nobody got up and said anything crazy or told super long stories. So I hope that's a sign this week will be good, haha. :) I hope you all have a great week as well. I'm still kicking around here in Norcross, Georgia. Keep kicking wherever you are! And as my father once said and possibly quoted from someone else, not sure... 'Remember, wherever you are.. There you are.' 


-Elder Vance :D



Birthday boy



No comments:

Post a Comment