Monday, July 28, 2014

"You have to shout, there is a live chainsaw next to me!" "I can't hear you, what??"

*ding dong* Hello. My name is Elder Vance. And I would like to share with you my most amazing week. (That is to the tune of the opening song of the Book of Mormon musical, which I don't particularly approve of but have just happened to heard that song a few times..)

All musicals aside, my week was fairly eventful. Especially service-wise. Lots and lots of service. Which is great, of course! But at the same time pretty tiring. We helped people move, we helped people sand and paint, and we even helped people remove large pine trees from their backyard! The trees one has been a once a week project for a few weeks. This member family is aiming to flatten and clear out their yard requiring the trees to be removed. The husband of the home scales up the trees shopping off branches and we haul them out. Then when he starts on the main tree trunk, we all stand by pulling on a rope to help the tree fall AWAY from the house or other people. Don't worry, it's completely safe. As long as we run quick enough.. But it is pretty funny to see the husband and wife talk while he is forty feet up in a tree with a chainsaw going. They just shout at each other but still can't hear or understand one another. Haha, oh married life. Not that I'd now the first thing about it..

Anyway, this week we found a few more investigators that seem promising. A Catholic hermana who opened up to us and started crying on her doorstep and two grand kids of a member Sister. We are still teaching, or trying to teach, the family of seven. We haven't been able to see them in a bit though. :( What I've learned though is that no matter what there is always going to be bumps in the road. But that's part of life, right? :) We can't weaken our resolve! But we can stop for frozen yogurt along the way. 

My companion is so good. He loves the people we teach so much and has great faith in finding miracles. He is an example to me! And after the mission we will both go back to his place in a Hawaii and chill there. He's got the hook ups, as he likes to put it..

'The struggle is real' -Elder Auelua (My comp) Copyright 2014...All rights reserved.

Love you all!

-Elder Vance


No comments:

Post a Comment